Absolute-system sentence example
- 4) contains an implied protest against the absolute system of government generally accepted by the dramatists of the early Stuart reigns.
- They must believe, therefore, that they have grasped the inmost principles of that nature: so much is involved, indeed, in the construction of an absolute system.
- The absolute system of measurement will be referred to below in PART II., KINETICS.
- 2 The quantitative study of electrical phenomena has been enormously assisted by the establishment of the absolute system of electrical measurement due originally to Gauss and Weber.
- Weber had already laid the foundations of the absolute system of electric and magnetic measurement, and proved that a quantity of electricity could be measured either by the force it exercises upon another static or stationary quantity of electricity, or magnetically by the force this quantity of electricity exercises upon a magnetic pole when flowing through a neighbouring conductor.Advertisement
- (See also UNITS, DIMENSIONS or.) In any absolute system of dynamical measurement the fundamental units are those of mass, length and time we may denote them by the symbols M, L, T, respectively They may be chosen quite arbitrarily, e.g.