Abraha sentence example
- The famous expedition of Abraha, the Abyssinian viceroy, against Mecca, took place in 570.
- Abraha in his invasion of the Hejaz was accompanied by chiefs of Kinda.
- The famous galis (:sitar ria) of Abraha in San`a seems to have been looked on as a sign of foreign dominion,.
- How little confidence can be placed in the pre-Islamic history appears very clearly from the distorted accounts of Abraha's excursion against the Hejaz, which fell but a few years before the birth of the Prophet, and is the first event in Meccan history which has confirmation from other sources.
- In the 7th century a successor to this king, named Abraha or Abraham, gave refuge to the persecuted followers of Mahomet at the beginning of his career (see Arabia: History, ad init.).Advertisement