Abney sentence example
- Sir William Abney has found that the above law agrees remarkably well with his observations on the transmission of light through water in which particles of mastic are suspended (Prot.
- On the 29th of September a Greek naval force, commanded by an English Philhellene, Captain Frank Abney Hastings, had destroyed some Turkish vessels in Salona Bay, on the north side of the Gulf of Corinth.
- Abney as far as 20,000 A, but long exposures are necessary.
- We can only briefly refer to an important investigation of Sir William Abney and Colonel E.
- In 1834 Hoxton Academy was taken as a training place for ministers; and in 1839 the students moved to Abney House, Stoke Newington.Advertisement
- Abney, Pioneers of the Alps (2nd ed., 1888).
- Frank Abney Hastings >>
- Dean Stanley assisted at his funeral service in Abney Park cemetery.
- Abney and Baker have shown that the pure dry chloride does not blacken when exposed in a vacuous tube to light, and that the blackening is due to absorption of oxygen accompanied by a loss of chlorine.
- The infra-red requires special appliances; it has been examined visually by the help of phosphorescent plates (Becquerel), and with special photographic plates (Abney); but the most efficient way is to use the bolometer or radiomicrometer; by this means some 500 or 600 lines have been mapped.Advertisement