Abishai sentence example
- 16) or Abishai, as his deputy (1 Chron.
- His brothers were Asahel and Abishai.
- Abishai on one occasion saved the king's life from a Philistine giant (2 Sam.
- 4-9); with Abishai and Ittai of Gath heed a small army against the Israelites who had rebelled under Absalom (2 Sam.
- Abishai proposed to kill Saul when David surprised him asleep (i Sam.Advertisement
- But when Joab himself killed Abner David's imprecation against him and his brother Abishai showed that he dissociated himself from the act of vengeance, although it brought him nearer to the throne of all Israel (2 Sam.
- In one conflict a giant thought to slay him, but he was saved by Abishai, the brother of Joab, and the men took an oath that David should no more go to battle lest he " quench the light of Israel."