Abijah sentence example
- On the contrary, the statement that there was continual warfare is supplemented in Chronicles by the story of a victory over Israel by Abijah the son of Rehoboam.
- According to the annals, incessant war prevailed between Baasha and Abijah's successor, Asa.
- His father Zacharias was a priest "of the course of Abijah," and his mother Elizabeth, who was also of priestly descent, was related to Mary, the mother of Jesus, whose senior John was by six months.
- Of Rehoboam's successor Abijah (or Abijam) little is known except a victory over Jeroboam recorded in 2 Chron.
- The father, Abijah, a sea-captain, went away from home when William was a child, and it is not known whether he died at sea or on land.Advertisement
- There do not appear to be any men in his line of descent given to scholarly or intellectual pursuits till we get back to the 17th century, when we come to Abijah Whitman, a clergyman, settled in Connecticut.
- Later this Abijah moved to Long Island, and from him all the Whitmans on the island descended.
- Two brothers, Abijah and John Smith, originally of Derby, Conn., settled in Plymouth in 1806 and began shipping coal thence in 1808; this was the beginning of the anthracite coal trade in the United States.