Abernant sentence example
- It has a station on the Pontypool and Swansea section of the Great Western railway, and is also served by the Llwydcoed and Abernant stations which are on a branch line to Merthyr.
- Ironworks were established at Llwydcoed and Abernant in 1799 and 1800 respectively, followed by others at Gadlys and Aberaman in 1827 and 1847.
- The urban district includes what were once the separate villages of Aberaman, Abernant, Cwmbach, Cwmaman, Cwmdare, Llwydcoed and Trecynon.
- collieryer of Collieries operated in Abernant, many of which were opened originally by the Aberdare Iron Company.
- Abernant was chosen as the site for a forge and mills where the pig iron produced at Abernant and Llwydcoed could be refined.Advertisement
- pig iron produced at Abernant and Llwydcoed could be refined.
- There are also limestone and fireclay, firebrick and cement works, chiefly on the northern outcrop of the carboniferous limestone, as at Abernant in the Vale of Neath and at Penwyllt.
- The Swansea Canal and that of the Vale of Neath have also their northern terminal within the county, at Ystradgynlais and Abernant respectively.