Aberfoyle sentence example
- During summer steamers ply between the Trossachs and Stronachlachar and there is a daily service of coaches from the Trossachs to Callander (about io m.) and to Aberfoyle (9 m.), and between Stronachlachar, to Inversnaid on Loch Lomond (about 42 m.).
- The best book on Celtic fairy lore is still that of the minister of Aberfoyle, the Rev. Mr Kirk (ob.
- Aberfoyle >>
- ABERFOYLE, a village and parish of Perthshire, Scotland, 34 1/4 m.
- Since 1885, when the duke of Montrose constructed a road over the eastern shoulder of Craigmore to join the older road at the entrance of the Trossachs pass, Aberfoyle has become the alternative route to the Trossachs and Loch Katrine.Advertisement
- of Aberfoyle, lies 105 ft.
- The slate quarries on Craigmore are the only industry in Aberfoyle.
- The hill, which is covered with grass to the top, is a favourite climb, being ascended from Rowardennan (the easiest) or Inversnaid on the lake, or Aberfoyle 10 m.