Abd-el-kuri sentence example
- Forbes and Mr Ogilvie-Grant (who also visited Abd-el-Kuri) in 1898-1899.
- A idler, under the auspices of the Imperial Academy of Sciences of Vienna, visited Sokotra, Abd-el-Kuri and some other islets of the group to investigate their geology and languages.
- The Brothers (often called by the older navigators The Sisters) lie between Abd-el-Kuri and Sokotra.
- As in Abd-el-Kuri ambergris is found on its shores and turtles abound.
- The coral banks which surround Sokotra and The Brothers are united and are not more than 30 fathoms below sea-level; a valley some loo fathoms deep divides them from the bank around Abd-el-Kuri, while between Abd-el-Kuri and Cape Guardafui are depths of over 500 fathoms.Advertisement