Abbo sentence example
- The pope condemned this marriage as adulterous; and Abbo of Fleury, who visited Rome shortly after Gregory V.'s accession, is said to have procured the restoration of Arnulf at the new pontiff's demand.
- He also wrote a Vita Abbonis, abbatis Floriacensis, the last of a series of lives of the abbots of Fleury, all of which, except the life of Abbo, have been lost.
- According to Abbo, followed by Florence of Worcester, he was "ex antiquorum Saxonum prosapia," which would seem to mean that he was of foreign origin and that he belonged to the Old
- ABBON OF FLEURY, or ABBO Floriacensis (c. 945-1004), a learned Frenchman, born near Orleans about 945.
- About the same time in England Oswald of York, who had himself been educated at Fleury, invited Abbo (d.Advertisement