Abbatum sentence example
- Faeminam nullam opprimi permisit nec pauperum bona surripuit, verum eos ex abbatum bonis sublatis opipare pavit.
- He also wrote Commemoratio abbatum Lemovicensium basilicae S.
- His other writings include the Gesta abbatum monasterii S.
- Maclovii, Alectensis episcopi; De revelatione abbatum Fiscannensium; and Confirmatio bonorum monasteri S.
- 1138) in his chronicles of the abbey of St Trond (Gesta Abbatum Trudonensium) but this is no more than a rhetorical flourish, and the title of "archduke palatine" (Pfalz-Erzherzog) was, in fact, assumed first by Duke Rudolph IV.Advertisement
- of the Registra quorundam abbatum monasterii S.
- Other works by Sigebert are a history of the early abbots of Gembloux to 1048 (Gesta abbatum - blacensium) and a life of the Frankish king Sigebert III.
- New styles were devised to express this new relation; thus the abbot of Monte Cassino was called abbas abbatum, while the chiefs of other orders had the titles abbas generalis, or magister or minister generalis.
- Wallace's St Edmund of Canterbury (London, 18 93) pp. 543-5 88, though this is attributed by the editor to the monk Eustace; Vitae abbatum S Albani (up to 1225) which have been edited by W.