Abadisho sentence example
- His book on the monastic life mentioned by `Abadisho' is not known to survive; but some discourses and a letter of his are still extant.
- works, beyond what `Abadisho` tells us in his Catalogue.
- Other important contributors to this sphere of literature were Isho' bar Nan (t827/8), John bar Zo`bi (beginning of the 13th century), Jacob bar Shakko (f1241), and the great Nestorian scholar `Abadisho' (f 1318).
- A more important work is The Book of Chastity, by Isho`denah, who according to `Abadisho` was bishop of Kasrabut read Basra - about the end of the 8th century.
- Lastly, acknowledgment must be made of the great value of the Catalogue of Nestorian writers, by `Abadisho' of Nisibis, the latest important writer in Syriac. It was edited by Assemani in the 3rd part of his Bibliotheca orientalis, and has been translated into English by Badger.Advertisement