Aafco sentence example
- These ingredient regulations are overseen by the Association of American Feed Control Officials, or AAFCO.
- It is completely formulated in a laboratory, but often package labels bear the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) stamp of approval, meaning that the food has passed the AAFCO feeding trial.
- The AAFCO feeding trial consists of eight dogs who are at least one year old, and of normal weight and health.
- According to the AAFCO, the meat sources used in commercial dog foods can come from a number of sources, most of them not fit for human consumption.
- Although still produced commercially, products labeled as "all natural dog foods" are held to higher AAFCO standards.Advertisement
- The sources of protein used to meet AAFCO's minimal guidelines are also typically of lesser quality and therefore less digestible.
- The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) developed pet food sale and labeling guidelines.
- The approved labels read formulated to meet AAFCO's nutrient requirements.
- Pet food labels are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and many states have also adopted the label guidelines of the Association of Animal Feed Control Officials (AAFCO).
- The Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) is a voluntary organization which regulates labeling of pet foods in terms of their nutritional value and completeness at specific life stages.Advertisement
- Foods meeting these regulations will bear a statement from the AAFCO.