1913-4 sentence example
- The value of the total trade (including specie) amounted to £8,526,000 (1913-4), and had increased to £10,045,000 in 1918-9 and £13,641,000 in 1919-20.
- Very little was done in 1913-4; the " temple of Apollo Clarius " was found to be an exedra and a propylaea, and an oracular grotto of the god was discovered in the hills.
- The subsidies paid to the Cape provincial council varied from £862,000 in 1913-4 to £999,000 in 1917-8; the revenue raised by the province was £405,000 and £426,000 respectively in the years named, but had been as low as £316,000 in 1914-5.
- The chief item of expenditure is on education; thus in 1913-4, out of a total expenditure by the provincial council of £1,142,000, the sum of £853,000 was spent on education.
- The growth of trade between 1909-10 and 1913-4, the five years preceeding the World War, was marked.Advertisement
- She travelled extensively in the Near East, making a specially adventurous journey across northern Arabia in 1913-4 over a practically unknown route, whereby she obtained a knowledge of the country which proved of great value to the British Government when information concerning routes was required for the advance of the British army into Palestine during the World War.
- A new AngloGerman agreement had been negotiated in 1913-4 and only awaited signature when the World War put an end to the negotiations.