1899-1903 sentence example
- He was elected to the Virginia State Senate for two terms (1899-1903) and was a member of the State Constitutional Convention in 1901.
- Other important works in which English and American scholars have co-operated are the Encyclopaedia Biblica (1899-1903) and Hastings' Bible Dictionary (1898-1904) - the latter less radical, but yet on the whole based on acceptance of the fundamental positions of Vatke, Graf, Wellhausen.
- The Art Museum was erected and endowed (1899-1903) by Stephen Salisbury, and contains a fine collection of casts, many valuable paintings, and the Bancroft Collection of Japanese art.
- It is estimated that the revolutionary struggle of 1899-1903 destroyed to% of the ablebodied agricultural population of the Santa Marta district, and this estimate, if true, will hold good for all the inhabited districts of the Eastern Cordillera.
- After the war of 1899-1903 its strength was successively reduced to 10,000 and 5000, a part of this force being employed in the useful occupation of making and repairing public roads.Advertisement
- The war of 1899-1903 so completely disorganized this institution that only one faculty, medicine and natural sciences, was open in 1907.
- Monypenny, an assistant editor of The Times (1894-1899), who was best known to the public as editor of the Johannesburg Star during the crisis of 1899-1903.