1891-1893 sentence example
- Land (1891-1893, for which a recently discovered MS. was consulted); see also the same editor's Arnold Geulincx and seine Philosophie (1895), and article (translated) in Mind, xvi.
- He was minister of war in the Rudini and Giolitti cabinets of 1891-1893.
- Steenstrup during several years, Captain Hammer in 1879-1880, Captain Ryder in 1886-1887, Dr Drygalski in 1891-1893, 2 and several American expeditions in later years, all examined the question closely.
- Humann for the Constantinople Museum in 1891-1893; but most of the frieze of the temple of Artemis Leucophryne, representing an Amazon battle, had already been carried off by Texier (1843) to the Louvre.
- An ancient writer states that the rampart was built of regularly laid sods (the same method which had probably been employed by Hadrian), and excavations in 1891-1893 have verified the statement.Advertisement
- The most prominent of half-a-dozen churches is the Roman Catholic cathedral, the western part of which dates from the 11th, the central part from the 12th, and the eastern part from the 13th century; it was restored in 1891-1893.
- He was president of the American Philological Association in 1873-1874 and in 1895-1896, of the Spelling Reform Association after 1876, and of the Modern Language Association in 1891-1893.
- The Fusionists practically controlled the state government from 1897-1899; they held the legislature from1891-1895and from 1897-1899, the supreme court from 18 991901, and the governorship and executive departments from 1895-1901; they elected a Democratic governor also for 1891-1893; but he was not of the true Fusion type, and vetoed a maximum railway freight-rate bill, although his Republican successor approved one.