1890-1891 sentence example
- The New, or Roman, Agora to the north of the Acropolis, perhaps mainly an oil market, was constructed after the year 27 B.C. Its dimensions were practically determined by excavation in 1890-1891.
- In 1890-1891 the revenue of Lower Burma has risen to Rs.2,08,38,872 from imperial taxation, Rs.1,55,51,897 for provincial services, and Rs.12,14,596 from incorporated local funds.
- In 1890-1891 it was Rs.I,58,48,041.
- The figures for 1890-1891, therefore, show the first really regular collection.
- A king Kisu of Silna (Salamis) is mentioned in a list of tributaries of Assur-bani-pal of Assyria in 668 B.C., and Assyrian influence is marked in the fine terra-cotta figures from a shrine at Toumba excavated in 1890-1891.Advertisement
- The market-place and a few public buildings were excavated in 1890-1891, but nothing of importance was found.
- The Liebfrauenkirche, the oldest church in Magdeburg, is an interesting Romanesque edifice of the 12th and 13th centuries, which was restored in 1890-1891.
- Judice Biker; it was continued by the Royal Academy as the Nova colleccdo de tratados (2 vols., Lisbon, 1890-1891).