1888-1891 sentence example
- He was president of the Chemical Society in 1897, and of the British Association in 1902, served on the Balfour Commission on London Water Supply (1893-1894), and as a member of the Committee on Explosives (1888-1891) invented cordite jointly with Sir Frederick Abel.
- The passing of such a law was deferred by the coalition (Catholic-Orthodox) ministry of 1888-1891.
- Official.The Reports on the Finances, Administration and Condition of Egypt, issued yearly since 1892 (the reports 1888-1891 were exclusively financial).
- The University of South Carolina, organized in 1801 and opened in 1805, was known as South Carolina College in 1805-1863, 1878-1887 and 1891-1906, and as the university of South Carolina in 1866-1877, 1888-1891 and after 1906; in 1907-1908 it had departments of arts, science, pedagogy and law, an enrolment of 285 students, and a faculty of 25 instructors.
- Le Canada francais (Quebec, 1888-1891), edited by the staff of the Laval University, and Canadiana (1889-1890), were important historical and literary reviews.Advertisement