1883-1884 sentence example
- He was followed in 1883-1884 by Vicomte Ch.
- Hipler, and others, but their efforts were overshadowed by Dr Leopold Prowe's exhaustive Nicolaus Coppernicus (Berlin, 1883-1884), embodying the outcome of researches indefatigably prosecuted for over thirty years.
- In 1883-1884 the place fell into the hands of the Mandists.
- To Mitrophanow (1883-1884) and Danilewsky (1885-1889) we owe the first serious attempts to study the comparative anatomy of these haematozoa.
- In 1883-1884 there were a number of serious strikes, collisions between the police and the workmen, followed by assassinations; it was a peculiarity of Austrian anarchists that in some cases they united robbery to murder.Advertisement
- A Liberal in politics, he became private secretary to Lord Granville when secretary of state for foreign affairs (1883-1884), and in 1886 was made a lord-inwaiting.
- Lincei, 1883-1884, 19, 545) showed that a more considerable alteration was produced when the magnetic force was applied transversely to the bismuth conductor; he also noticed that the effect was largely dependent upon temperature (see also P. Lenard, Wied.