1880-81 sentence example
- Christina (discovered with its subterranean church in 1880-81) belongs to A.D.
- The plateau at its foot was the site of the English laager during the war of 1880-81, and is now occupied by the central railway station and workshops.
- He served in the Boer war of 1880-81; was resident commissioner of Basutoland from 1884 to 1893, and after leaving Zululand became resident commissioner in Southern Rhodesia (1898).
- Yet Kruger was scarcely the real leader in the nationalist movement to which the successful revolt of 1880-81 gave strength.
- During the 1880-81 revolt many Free State burghers, despite the moderating influence of President Brand, joined the Transvaal commandoes.Advertisement
- The son of the last named, WILLIAM WALDORF ASTOR (1848), served in the New York assembly in 1877, and in the state senate in 1880-81.