1880-1890 sentence example
- It culminated in the decade 1880-1890, and declined after the commercial crisis of 1893.
- He was an aggressive opponent of the "Tweed Ring," and was actively allied with the antiTammany organizations, the "Irving Hall Democracy" of 1875-1890, and the "County Democracy" of 1880-1890, but upon the dissolution of the latter he became identified with Tammany.
- Electric Waves.-In the decade 1880-1890, the most important advance in electrical physics was, however, that which originated with the astonishing researches of Heinrich Rudolf Hertz (1857-1894).
- By 1876 the anthrax bacillus had been obtained in pure culture by Koch, and some other pathogenic bacteria had been observed in the tissues, but it was in the decade 1880-1890 that the most important discoveries were made in this field.
- On the north side of the Y are the dry docks and the !petroleum dock (1880-1890).Advertisement
- The falling off in foreign immigration in the decade1890-1900contrasts strongly with the increase of 28.1% in the number of foreign-born in 1880-1890.
- The railway mileage of the state grew with great rapidity in the decade 1880-1890; it was 691 m.
- The centre of Florence, which was becoming a danger from a hygienic point of view, was pulled down in 1880-1890, but, unfortunately, sufficient care was not taken to avoid destroying certain buildings of historic and artistic value which might have been spared without impairing the work of sanitation, while the new structures erected in their place, especially those in the Piaza Vittorio Emanuele, are almost uniformly ugly and quite out of keeping with Florentine architecture.