1874-1876 sentence example
- At Crystal Springs tomatoes were first successfully grown for the market (1874-1876).
- Saldanha Marinho, whose discussions in 1874-1876 of the relations between church and state prepared the way for their separation.
- He is considered to have been the first (in 1874-1876) to conduct historical seminary work in the United States.
- In spite of these great services, popular dissatisfaction with the Republican party rapidly increased during the years 1874-1876.
- As secretary of the treasury (1874-1876) he prosecuted with vigour the so-called "Whisky Ring," the headquarters of which was at St Louis, and which, beginning in 1870 or 1871, had defrauded the Federal government out of a large part of its rightful revenue from the distillation of whisky.Advertisement
- Schluter (Munster, 1838); and in Floss's Opera omnia; there is a German translation by Ludwig Noack, Johannes Scotus Erigena fiber die Eintheilung der Natur (3 vols., 1874-1876).
- Manuel Murillo Toro (1872-1874) and Santiago Perez (1874-1876) saw the country apparently acquiring constitutional equilibrium, and turning its energies to the development of its matchless resources.