1867-1870 sentence example
- Schmidt, Tableaux de la Revolution francaise, &c. (Leipzig, 1867-1870), a collection of reports of the secret police on which the above work is based.
- He is well known also as the author of The History of the Intellectual Development of Europe (1862), applying the methods of physical science to history, a History of the American Civil War (3 vols., 1867-1870), and a History of the Conflict between Religion and Science (1874).
- The History by John Hill Burton (Edinburgh, 1867-1870) ends with the Jacobite Rising of 1746.
- Thorbecke's speeches in the Dutch legislature were published at Deventer in six volumes (1867-1870), to which should be added a collection of his unpublished speeches, printed at Groningen in 'goo.
- With Parker Pillsbury (1809-1898) she edited in 1867-1870 The Revolution, a radical newspaper, which in 1870 was consolidated with the Christian Enquirer.Advertisement
- He was a Methodist circuit rider and pastor in Indiana and Minnesota (18J7-1866); associate editor (1866-1867) of The Little Corporal, Chicago; editor of The National Sunday School Teacher, Chicago (1867-1870); literary editor and later editor-in-chief of The Independent, New York (1870-1871); and editor of Hearth and Home in 1871-1872.