1864-1867 sentence example
- He was professor of mathematics at Gratz (1864-1867), of physics at Prague (1867-1895), and of physics at Vienna (1895-1901).
- A carriage road was constructed over it as far back as 1772, while the railway over it was built in 1864-1867.
- See also Adams (as cited above), and Reinhold's Hippocrates (2 vols., Athens, 1864-1867).
- Palacky's Geschichte Btihmens (1864-1867) is also very useful.
- He graduated at Union College in 1835, practised law in New York for several years after 1839; took up journalistic work; was joint owner (with William Cullen Bryant) and managing editor of the New York Evening Post (1849-1861); was United States consul at Paris in 1861-1864, and was minister to France in 1864-1867.Advertisement
- He was a delegate to the first national convention of the Republican party (1856) and was a member of the New York assembly in 1862-1863 and of the state senate in 1864-1867.
- He opposed Confederation in 1864-1867, and as late as 1886 won a provincial election on the promise to advocate the repeal of the British North America Act.