1863-1864 sentence example
- Most of the state institutions secured Federal charters after the establishments of the national banking system (1863-1864), but the high price of government bonds and the large amount of capital required led to a reaction, which was only partially checked by the reduction of the minimum capital to $25,000 under the currency act of the 14th of March 1900.
- But a highway, available all the year round, was made in 1863-1864 around its southern shore, partly by blasting the cliffs, and it is now (since 1905) followed by the transSiberian railway.
- The critical weeklies of the past include the New York Literary Gazette (1834-1835, 1839), De Bow's Review (1846), the Literary World (1847-1853), the Criterion (1855-1856), the Round Table (1863-1864), the Citizen (1864-1873), and Appleton' s Journal (1869).
- The Poles, encouraged by the one and exasperated by the other, finally broke into the partial revolt of 1863-1864.
- The population (in 1863-1864)wasabout 10,000, of which not only a considerable proportion was white, but was mostly descended from the first emigrants after the conquest.Advertisement
- Riley (London, 1863-1864); Eulogium historiarum sive temporis, ed.
- These two volumes dealt with Maryland and Virginia, while two later ones (1863-1864) were devoted to Connecticut.
- To put the finality of emancipation beyond all question, Lincoln in the winter session of 1863-1864 strongly supported a movement in Congress to abolish slavery by constitutional amendment, but the necessary two-thirds vote of the House of Representatives could not then be obtained.