1858-1860 sentence example
- In 1830 the first Jewish emancipation bill was brought in by Robert Grant, but it was not till the legislation of 1858-1860 that Jews obtained full parliamentary rights.
- From papers in the possession of the imperial family he compiled Memoires du prince Eugene (1858-1860) and Refutation des memoires du duc de Raguse (1857), part of which was inserted by authority at the end of volume ix.
- Her son graduated at Harvard in 1854, worked in an iron mill in Trenton, New Jersey, for a few months in 1855, spent two years abroad, and in 1858-1860 was local treasurer of the Burlington & Missouri river railroad.
- In the 1826 paper he described his famous method for ascertaining vapour densities, and the redeterminations which he undertook by its aid of the atomic weights of carbon and oxygen proved the forerunners of a long series which included some thirty of the elements, the results being mostly published in 1858-1860.
- He was a Democratic member of the National House of Representatives in 1834-1843, served in the South Carolina Senate in 1844-1845, was a delegate to the Nashville Southern Convention (see Nashville, Tennessee) in 1850, was United States minister to Russia in 1858-1860, and in 1860-1862 was governor of South Carolina.Advertisement