1845-1849 sentence example
- His academic lectures for 1843-1844 were published in 2 vols., 1845-1849, under the title Legons de geologie pratique.
- These two were followed by the Democratic Review (1838-1852), the American Review (1845-1849), afterwards the American Whig Review (1850-1852), the Massachusetts Quarterly Review (1847-1850), and a few more.
- The Custom House (1818-1819) is described in the introduction to Hawthorne's Scarlet Letter, and in it Hawthorne worked as surveyor of the port in 1845-1849.
- He was secretary of the treasury throughout the Polk administration (1845-1849) and was generally recognized as the most influential member of the cabinet.
- He served as an alderman of Troy in 1841-1848, and as treasurer of Rensselaer county in 1845-1849.Advertisement