1840-1850 sentence example
- The settlement here, gathering about the Methodist mission and school, began to grow in the decade 1840-1850.
- In 1837 he was elected professor of chemistry in the University of the City of New York, and was a professor in its school of medicine in 1840-1850, president of that school in 1850-1873, and professor of chemistry until 1881.
- Henschel (Paris, 1840-1850) includes these supplements and also further additions by the editor, and this has been improved and published in ten volumes by Leopold Favre (Niort, 1883-1887).
- Agassiz; but it was the researches of Johannes Miller (1840-1850) that formed the groundwork of scientific conceptions of the group, proving it one of the great phyla of the animal kingdom.
- The northern hare (Lepus alpinus) is pretty abundant in Stromo and Osterd, having been introduced into the islands about 1840-1850.Advertisement
- The industry, seriously crippled by invasions of British troops during the War of American Independence - especially by a force which landed at Holmes's Hole (Vineyard Haven) in September 1778 - and again during the War of 1812, revived and was at its height in 1840-1850, only to receive another setback during the Civil War.