1839-1841 sentence example
- The Arvizonyv or " Inundation Book," edited by Eotvos (1839-1841), is a collection of narratives and poems by the most celebrated authors of the time.
- Malta had a Malta Penny Magazine in 1839-1841, and the Revue historique et litteraire was founded in Mauritius in 1887.
- El Panorama (1839-1841) was another literary periodical with engravings.
- William Hamilton Maxwell (1792-1850), the Irish novelist, wrote, in addition to several novels, a Life of the Duke of Wellington (1839-1841 and again 1883), and a History of the Irish Rebellion in 1798 (1845 and 1891).
- In 1835-1837 and 1839-1841 Johnson was a Democratic member of the state House of Representatives, and in 1841-1843 of the state Senate; in both houses he uniformly upheld the cause of the " common people," and, in addition, opposed legislation for " internal improvements."Advertisement
- There are three court-houses, one of granite (1839-1841) with great monolithic Corinthian pillars, another (1862), adjoining it, of brick, and a third (1908-1909) of granite, for the probate court.
- His administration (1839-1841) was successful, but he was unable to overcome the popular Whig movement of that period, and was defeated in 1841 and again in 1843.