1829-1830 sentence example
- He served in the Virginia house of delegates in 1823-1827, in the state constitutional convention of 1829-1830, and from 1831 to 1837 in the National House of Representatives, being chairman of the committee on foreign affairs in 1835-1836.
- Gioja's latest work Filosofia della statistica (2 vols., 1826; p vols., 1829-1830) contains in brief compass the essence of his ideas on human life, and affords the clearest insight into his aim and method in philosophy both theoretical and practical.
- William Smith's History of the Late Province of New York, from itsDiscovery to 1762 (1st part, 1757, reprinted in the 1st series of the New York Historical Society Collections, 2 vols., 1829-1830) is still the chief authority for the period from the English Revolution of 1688 to the eve of the War of Independence.
- In 1829-1830 he also served as a member of the Virginia constitutional convention.
- In 1829-1830 he published his Lehrbuch der Chemie, which embodied many original observations.Advertisement
- Animals of the next higher order, the amphibians of the coal measures and the Permian, were first comprehensively treated in the masterly memoirs of Christian Erich Hermann von Meyer (1801-1869) beginning in 1829, especially in his Beitrage zur Petrefactenkunde (1829-1830) and his Zur Fauna der Vorwelt (4 vols., 1845-1860).