1825-1895 sentence example
- Montegut, Jean Baptiste Joseph Emile (1825-1895), French critic, was born at Limoges on the 14th of June 1825.
- Huxley (1825-1895), all of whom individually contributed very greatly by their special discoveries and researches to the increase of exact knowledge.
- In 1872, Hoppe-Seyler (1825-1895) gave a new beginning to our knowledge of the chemistry of secretion and of excretion; and later students have increased the range of physiological and pathological chemistry by investigations not only into the several stages of albuminoid material and the transitions which all foodstuffs undergo in digestion, but even into the structure of protoplasm itself.
- Huxley (1825-1895) developed views very like those of Spencer, and similarly materialistic without being materialism, because inconsistent.
- The title was revived in 1851, when Alexander (1823888), a younger son of Louis II., grand-duke of Hesse, contracted a morganatic marriage with a Polish lady, Countess Julia Theresa von Haucke (1825-1895), who was then created countess of Battenberg.Advertisement