120-volt sentence example
- Line voltage lights use the same 120-volt electrical current as the house.
- Low-voltage lighting systems use a transformer to drop the 120-volt house current to 12 volts, about the amount of electricity used for a train set or car battery.
- Line-voltage, or 120-volt systems, are not handicapped by these limitations.
- The transformer gets wired to the 120-volt line circuit and steps the voltage down to either 12 or 24 volts.
- Sanyo sells two sizes of light bulbs, a 15-watt 120-volt light bulb, and a 30-watt 120-volt light bulb.Advertisement
- The appliance, because it is dual voltage ready, takes a little longer to heat up when plugged into a 120-volt outlet.
- The Sahara (Santa Fe) dehumidifier is an industrial-strength dehumidifier that's powered by a standard 120-volt outlet and draws less than seven amps.