The dining room table was set with a linen tablecloth under a handmade lace cover, fine china, Waterford crystal and brass chargers.
Waterford, Ireland, 43 m.
Of Waterford by the Waterford and Mallow branch of the Great Southern & Western Railway.
The bishopric, which is said to have originated with this foundation, was united to that of Waterford in 1363.
Henry II., after landing at Waterford, received in Lismore castle the allegiance of the archbishops and bishops of Ireland.
The surrender of Trim, Dundalk and Ross followed, but at Waterford Cromwell met with a stubborn resistance and the advent of winter obliged him to raise the siege.
THOMAS FRANCIS MEAGHER (1823-1867), Irish nationalist and American soldier, was born in Waterford, Ireland, on the 3rd of August 1823.
The Welsh mines are chiefly in Flint, Cardigan and Montgomery shires; the Scottish in Dumfries, Lanark and Argyll; and the Irish in Wicklow, Waterford and Down.
From Waterford by the Waterford & Limerick line of the Great Southern & Western railway.
On the other side of the river, connected by a bridge of the 14th century, and another of modern erection, stands the suburb of Carrickbeg, in county Waterford, where an abbey was founded in 1336.
The most important centres of the craft were London, Bristol, Birmingham and Waterford (see Plate I., fig.
Io, for oval cut-glass Waterford bowl).
The famous Waterford works were in the hands of Gatchell & Co.
It stands midway between Clonmel and Tipperary town on the Waterford and Limerick line of the Great Southern and Western railway, 124 m.
Waterford, Ireland, in the west parliamentary division, 281 m.
From Waterford by the Waterford and Mallow branch of the Great Southern & Western railway.
A project adopted by the state for the enlargement of the Erie provides for a new route up the Hudson from Troy to Waterford and thence to the Mohawk river above Cohoes Falls.
Landed at Waterford, and came to Dublin and held his court there in a pavilion of wickerwork where the Irish chiefs were entertained with great pomp, and alliances entered into with them.
Waterford, whence he marched through the counties of Kilkenny and Wicklow, and subsequently arrived in Dublin, where he remained a fortnight, sumptuously entertained by the provost, as the chief magistrate of the city was then called, till intelligence of the invasion of his kingdom by Bolingbroke recalled him to England.
It was classed along with Dublin,Waterford and Kilkenny as one of the four staple towns of Ireland.
Finally we may mention, as ancient history, the translation of Eutropius and Dares, by Geoffrey of Waterford (13th century), who gave also the Secret des Secrets, a translation from a work wrongly attributed to Aristotle, which belongs to the next division (Rom.
George Washington, on behalf of the governor of Virginia, came in the same year to Fort Le Boeuf (on the site of the present Waterford), 20 m.
It rises in the Slieve Bloom mountains, and flows at first easterly and then almost due south, until, on joining the Suir, it forms the estuary of the south coast known as Waterford Harbour.
The total area of drainage to Waterford Harbour (including the basin of the Suir) is 3500 sq.
M., and covers the whole of the county Kilkenny, with parts of Waterford, Cork and Limerick, Tipperary, Carlow, King's and Queen's counties.
The ladies who formed the first committee were: Lady Borthwick, the dowager-duchess of Marlborough (first lady president), Lady Wimborne, Lady Randolph Churchill, Lady Charles Beresford, the dowager-marchioness of Waterford, Julia marchioness of Tweeddale, Julia countess of Jersey, Mrs (subsequently Lady) Hardman, Lady Dorothy Nevill, the Honourable Lady Campbell (later Lady Blythswood), the Honourable Mrs Armitage, Mrs Bischoffsheim, Miss Meresia Nevill (the first secretary of the Ladies' Council).