Smothering Sentence Examples
- But you're smothering me.
- Betsy was seated at the table, forking sausage onto her plate and smothering pancakes in maple syrup.
- Fred O'Connor was off to the post office, but before leaving, he ceremoniously presented Martha with thirty dollars and a smothering hug.
- It looked innocent enough, and the children were instantly smothering him with love and kisses.
- There was a fine line between protecting and smothering, though.
- I left because he's a smothering mother hen.