Simile Sentence Examples
Search Sentence Examples
- Ali cleverly compares the two through Nazneen's habit of using similes from her village upbringing to describe her London life.
- The simile in the next line serves to emphasize the speed of the fall.
- Epic similes are more
extended similes, which might involve multiple points of correspondence between tenor and vehicle.
- Sanskrit epic similes differ greatly from the similes of Homer in this aspect.
- He reminds me of Rhys Hughes when he includes these extraordinary similes.
- Neither art nor nature could supply a better simile of the grace of God than this.
- Try your hand at
finding the right simile
to describe this metamorphosis.
- In fact, Plato brings them together in a vivid simile.
- Many times a simile may contain the "as" word.
- It's hardly anyone's idea of enhancement, and Gomes calls it "dismally inferior," a lovely simile.
- The chief characteristic of Welsh poetry is its alliteration, woven around beautiful similes and metaphors.
- The old and new battleships, with their graceful sheer and boiling wake, evoked poetic similes.
- We may recall Marc Bloch's famous simile of winding back the reel of history.
How would you use simile in a sentence?
comments powered by