6 weight of the rafts passing the station of Schandau on the Saxon Bohemian frontier amounting in 1901 to 333,000 tons.
The Elbe is crossed by numerous bridges, as at KOniggratz, Pardubitz, Kolin, Leitmeritz, Tetschen, Schandau, Pirna, Dresden, Meissen, Torgau, Wittenberg, Rosslau, Barby, Magdeburg, Rathenow, Wittenberge, Ddmitz, Lauenburg, and Hamburg and Harburg.
SCHANDAU, a town of Germany, in the kingdom of Saxony, situated on the right bank of the Elbe, at the mouth of the little valley of the Kirnitsch.
Schandau has an Evangelical parish church, a hydropathic establishment and a school of river navigation.
The position of Schandau in the heart of the romantic "Saxon Switzerland" has made it a place of importance, and thousands of tourists make it their headquarters in summer.
See Schafer, Fuhrer durch Schandau and seine Umgebung (Dresden, 1907).
From Dresden, on the Dresden-GdrlitzBreslau main line of railway, and at the junction of lines from Schandau and Kdnigswartha.