Of Genoa, flows by Bobbio, and joins the Po a few miles above Piacenza; (3) the Nure, a few miles east of the preceding; (4) the Taro, a more considerable stream; (5) the Parma, flowing by the city of the same name; (6) the Enza; (7) the Secchia, which flows by Modena; (8) the Panaro, a few miles to the east of that city; (9) the Reno, which flows by Bologna, but instead of holding its course till it discharges its waters into the Po, as it did in Roman times, is turned aside by an artificial channel into the Po di Primaro.
Of the manufacturing establishments in the state in 1900, 109, or 47.8%, were situated in Reno, Carson City and Virginia City, named in the order of their importance.
It is met at several points by lines which serve the rich mining districts to the south; at Cobre by the Nevada Northern from Ely in White Pine county in the Robinson copper mining district; at Palisade by the Eureka & Palisade, a narrow-gauge railway, connecting with the lead and silver mines of the Eureka District; at Battle Mountain by the Nevada Central, also of narrow gauge, from Austin; at Hazen by the Nevada & California (controlled by the Southern Pacific) which runs to the California line, connecting in that state with other parts of the Southern Pacific system, and at Mina, Nevada, with the Tonopah & Goldfield, which runs to Tonopah and thence to Goldfield, thus giving these mining regions access to the Southern Pacific's transcontinental service; and at Reno, close to the western boundary, by the Virginia & Truckee, connecting with Carson City, Minden, in the Carson Valley, and Virginia City, in the Comstock District, and by the Nevada-California-Oregon, projected to run through north-eastern California into Oregon, in 1910, in operation to Alturas, California.
There were then only three towns of importance: Reno, Virginia City and Carson City, the capital.
The State University, established at Elko in 1874 and removed to Reno in 1887, is supported by the income from a Federal grant of two townships (72 sq.
37), in which it is possible most satisfactorily to study in the living animal, by means of the microscope, the course of the blood-stream, and also the reno-pericardial communication.
The pericardium cut away on e, Reno-pericardial orifice.
The left side so as to open the f, Probe introduced into the left non-glandular sac of the reno-pericardial orifice.
Solenomya, in which the gonad opens into the reno-pericardial duct.
R.p.o, Reno-pericardial orifice.
It lies in the valley of the Reno, 443 ft.
EL RENO, a city and the county-seat of Canadian county, Oklahoma, U.S.A., on the N.
It is served by the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Choctaw, Oklahoma & Gulf (owned by the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific), and the St Louis, El Reno & Western railways, the last extending from El Reno to Guthrie.
El Reno lies on the rolling prairie lands, about 1360 ft.
El Reno has a Carnegie library, and within the city's limits is Bellamy's Lake (180 acres), a favourite resort.
Fort Reno, a U.S. military post, was established near El Reno in 1876, and in 1908 became a supply depot of the: quartermaster's department under the name of "Fort Reno Remount Depot."
The first settlement here, apart from the fort, was made in the autumn of 1889; in 1892 El Reno received a city charter.
Of the trail demanded the construction of posts, of which the most important were Fort Reno, on the Powder river, and Fort Phil Kearny in the Bighorn Mountains.
After the death at his side of General Reno in the battle of South Mountain, and during Antietam, Cox commanded the corps, and at the close of the campaign (6th Oct.
The pericardium being absent, there are no reno-pericardial apertures.