Pretext Sentence Examples
Search Sentence Examples
- Pretext of war
against Slobodan Milosevic to dominate the whole of the Balkans.
- Behold, he
against me; he counts me as his enemy.
- Pretext for an invasion.
- Reliability Cancel meetings frequently on the
that you can.
- Pretext calls
to criminal elements by using caller ID spoofing.
- Reports of large Yugoslav troop movements around Kosova have
created a further pretext
for NATO to repeat its threat to launch military action.
- Pretext for a war
conjured up to serve a multiplicity of ends.
- It did not finish the job and, according to the FFH, gave no
to justify interrupting the work.
- He must have
found some pretext
for giving her an injection.
- Pretext for further intervention
in the future.
- Was taking the country to war on a
not an error of judgment?
- The church in this village had been harassed by local authorities, who may have been
seeking a pretext
to arrest the church leaders.
- Pretext for an attack
on Iraq than the tenuous link to the anthrax scare.
- Many people to whom the Colonel owed a grudge were, on the
slightest pretext, incarcerated in the dungeon.
- Often the van will have the name of a shop or utility company to
provide some pretext
for its being in the area.
- Pretext for an action
- the Iraqi weapons program.
- Weapons of mass destruction offered little more than a
for a war conjured up to serve a multiplicity of ends.
- These were genuine enough but
became the pretext
for excessive equity valuations, fueling a general economic boom.
- Pretext for aggression?
- Perhaps the truth is that the film's brutal violence and misogynistic attitude are
for its condemnation.
How would you use pretext in a sentence?
comments powered by