M., and comprises the districts of Benares, Mirzapur, Jaunpur, Ghazipur and Ballia.
1420) and the Queen's mosque at Mirzapur, the pointed arch exists only in the façades of the prayer chambers; in the mosques built 30 to 40 years later the whole is constructed without a single arch, all the pillars have bracket-capitals, and the domes, which are of very slight elevation, are all built in the trabeated style.
CHUNAR, or Chunarghur, a town and ancient fortress of India, in the district of Mirzapur, in the United Provinces, situated on the south bank of the Ganges.
The division south of the Ganges comprises portions of Allahabad, Benares and Ghazipur, together with the whole of Mirzapur, and in general features somewhat resembles Bundelkhand, but the lowlands along the river bank are more fertile.
A little coal was extracted from Mirzapur in 1896, but the enterprise was dropped.
The chief centres of trade are Cawnpore, Allahabad, Mirzapur, Benares, Meerut and Moradabad.