Von Martins (1817-1820), Prince Max zu Neuwied (1815-1817), P. W.
P. Oliveira Martins, 0 Brazil e as colonial Portuguezas (Lisbon, 1888); S.
Dupuy, Geschichte des heiligen Martins (Schaffhausen, 18 55); J.
P. Oliveira Martins, Os filhos de D.
Among other public places and buildings worthy of notice are the Roman Catholic church, with a splendid interior; the Kiinigs-platz, with a remarkable echo; the Karls-platz, with the statue of the landgrave Charles; and the Martins-platz, with a large church - St Martin's - with twin towers, containing the burial-vaults of the Hessian princes.
For a number of years the firm furnished meridian circles to the observatories at Hamburg, Konigsberg, Pulkova, &c.; later on its activity declined, while Pistor and Martins of Berlin rose to eminence.
2; Ottenthal, Bullenregister Martins V.
Captain John Smith, in his History of Virginia (1626), at p. 27 speaks of "Martins, Powlecats, Weesels and Minkes," showing that the animal must at that time have been distinguished by a vernacular appellation from its congeners.
Issued a proclamation in favour of Portuguese traders, and in 1353 the Portuguese envoy Affonso Martins Alho signed a covenant with the merchants of London, guaranteeing mutual good faith in all commercial dealings.
P. Oliveira Martins (2 vols., 4th ed., Lisbon, 1901), is a series of brilliant impressionist studies.
P. Oliveira Martins, Portugal contemporaneo (1826-1868), (2 vols., 4th ed., Lisbon, 1906); J.
MARTINS FERRY, a city of Belmont county, Ohio, U.S.A., on the Ohio River, nearly opposite Wheeling, West Virginia.
The Martins and other pioneers are buried in Walnut Grove Cemetery within the city limits.
Martins Ferry was incorporated as a town in 1865 and chartered as a city in 1885.