A gal in perfume sneaking her Marlboro remembered seeing it.
A tow-haired boy happily dropped a Marlboro cigarette box in the churning water and then ran downstream to monitor its progress.
The first settlement here was made about 1659 in a part of Marlboro called Chauncy (because of a grant of Soo acres here to Charles Chauncy, president of Harvard College, made in 1659 and revoked in 1660 by the General Court of Massachusetts).
In 1717 this part of Marlboro, with other lands, was erected into the township of Westboro, to which parts of Sutton (1728),(1728), Shrewsbury (1762 and 1793) and Upton (1763) were subsequently annexed, and from which Northboro was separated in 1766.
See "Victoria County History": Wilts; James Waglen, History of Marlboro (London, 1854).
Haverhill, Marlboro and Boston, in the order named, being the principal centres.
In 1728 a group of residents of Marlboro, Sudbury, Concord and Stowe, with the permission of the General Court, bought from the Indians 7500 acres of their lands, and agreed to establish forty English families on the tract within three years, and to maintain a church and school of which the Indians should have free use.