KRALYEVO (sometimes written Kraljevo or Kralievo), a city of Servia, and capital of a department bearing the same name.
Kralyevo is built beside the river Ibar, 4 m.
Formerly known as Karanovats, Kralyevo received its present name, signifying "the King's Town," from King Milan (1868-1889), who also made it a bishopric, instead of Chachak, 22 m.
Kralyevo is a garrison town, with a prefecture, court of first instance, and an agricultural school.
Of Kralyevo, stands high up among the south-western mountains, overlooking the Studenitsa, a tributary of the Ibar.