KILMALLOCK, a market town of county Limerick, Ireland, in the east parliamentary division, 1244 m.
The Dominican Abbey, of the 13th century, has Early English remains of great beauty and a tomb to Edmund, the last of the White Knights, a branch of the family of Desmond intimately connected with Kilmallock, who received their title from Edward III.
The foundation of Kilmallock, however, is attributed to the Geraldines, who had several towns in this vicinity.
Kilmallock returned two members to the Irish parliament.
Even the walled towns, Kilkenny, Ross, Wexford, Kinsale, Youghal, Clonmel, Kilmallock, Thomastown, Fethard and Cashel, were!almost starved Henry VI.