The Kapitel-Stadt, sometimes called the Bishop's Town, with the palace of the Roman Catholic archbishop, and his late Gothic cathedral, dating from the 15th century, lies eastward of the 1Vledvescak, a brook which flows into the Save.
For centuries a bitter feud raged between the Kapitel-Stadt and the Upper Town, until these rivals were forced to join hands against the Turks.
Lucht (Ober die beiden letzten Kapitel des Romerbriefes, 1871.
On three sides it is bounded by the Dom-Platz, the Kapitel-Platz and the ResidenzPlatz; and opening on the N.E.
The palace of the present archbishop is in the Kapitel-Platz.