- JEVER, a town of Germany, in the grand-duchy of Oldenburg, 13 m.
- The castle of Jever was built by Prince Edo Wiemken (d.
- Hohnholz, Aus Jevers Vorgangenheit (Jever, 1886); Hagena, Jeverland bis zum Jahr 1500 (Oldenburg, 1902); and F.
- Riemann, Geschichte des Jeverlandes (Jever, 1896).
- MITSCHERLICH, EILHARDT (1794-1863), German chemist, was born on the 7th of January 1794 at Neuende near Jever, in the grand duchy of Oldenburg, where his father was pastor.
- He was educated at Jever under the historian F.