- In return they all received provinces: NO obtained Samarkand; Ahmad, Ferghana; Yahya, Shash; Ilyas, Herat.
- 130) instead of Ilyas (vi.
- Nizam-uddin Abu Mahommed Ilyas bin Yusuf, Persian poet, was born 535 A.H.
- A brother of Abdarrahman, Ilyas, saw in this revolt an opportunity of obtaining the government of Africa for himself.
- Ilyas was marching against them, when the idea occurred to Habib of challenging him to single combat.
- Ilyas hesitated, but his own soldiers compelled him to accept the challenge.