Very soon the spice trade had become a Portuguese monopoly, and Malacca was the great headquarters of the trade.
On the evening of October 11 Seslavin came to the Aristovo headquarters with a French guardsman he had captured.
She was going to headquarters for the belongings but I told her Saturday is your day off and the things were still here.
While he should have turned the project over to Rita at headquarters, it had, after all, been Fred's idea, so he didn't complain about giving it a shot.
No one knew of any next of kin to notify and Dean and Sackler were back at headquarters before four.
Exactly. We're due to move our headquarters, but his wife had a baby six months ago.
Clermont-Ferrand is the seat of a bishopric and a prefecture and headquarters of the XIII.
It is the headquarters of a military command, and the residence of a Roman Catholic bishop; its principal buildings are the cathedral, military college, arsenal and observatory.
Jule Transported himself from the Other's Irish manor to the study of the White God's temporary headquarters in Texas.
It was located around the corner from headquarters and he was early anyway.
Dean paid him no attention and called headquarters to report the break-in, asking them to send a doctor as well.
The harbour is accessible, owing to extensive dredging, to vessels drawing 19 ft., at high tide; and Dunedin is the headquarters of the coasting services of the Union Steamship Co.
Five miles from Norfolk and with Norfolk as its headquarters was held from the 26th of April to the 30th of November 1907 the Jamestown Ter-Centennial Exposition, celebrating the first permanent English settlement in America at Jamestown, Virginia.
On the failure of this attempt he left Austria and joined the headquarters of the Prussian army (1813), and became a member of the board of administration for north Germany.
It is the headquarters of the Sikh religion, containing 264,329 Sikhs as against 280,985 Hindus and 474,976 Mahommedans.
It is the see of a bishop, the seat of the district prefecture and a tribunal, and the headquarters of the territorial militia corps, having besides a large number of regular troops in garrison.
He first went to take possession of the old Lydian capital Sardis, the headquarters of the Persian government on this side of the Taurus, and the strong city surrendered without a blow.
Having obtained letters for the king, he left Paris on the 31st of July 1589, and reached St Cloud, the headquarters of Henry, who was besieging Paris.
Larissa was the headquarters of Ali Pasha during the Greek War of Independence, and of the crown prince Constantine during the Greco-Turkish War; the flight of the Greek army from this place to Pharsala took place on the 23rd of April 1897.
BADNUR, a town of British India, the headquarters of the district of Betul in the Central Provinces.
In 1777 General Philip Schuyler established his headquarters on Van Schaick's Island in the Mohawk and Hudson, then the principal rendezvous of the army which later met Burgoyne at Saratoga.
Tered by a director-general, who has his headquarters at Paris, assisted by three administrators who are charged with the working of the forests, Nord and Pas-de- 3 Valei questions of rights and law, finance Calais..
Organization.The general organization of the French army at home is based on the system of permanent army corps, the headquarters of which are as follows: I.
In addition to these corps there are eight permanent cavalry divisions with headquarters at Paris, Lunyule, Meaux, Sedan, Reims, Lyons, Melun and Dole.
The colonial army corps, headquarters at Paris, has three divisions, at Paris, Toulon and Brest.
The French coast is divided into five naval arrondissements, which have their headquarters at th.e five naval ports, of which Cherbourg, Brest, and Toulon.
It is an important military cantonment and sanatorium, being the headquarters of a brigade in the second division of the northern army corps.
In 412 the island revolted from Athens and became the headquarters of the Peloponnesian fleet.
Naval defence in any case remained primarily a question for the Imperial navy, and by agreement (1903, for ten years) between the British government and the governments of the Commonwealth (contributing an annual subsidy of £200,000) and of New Zealand (£40,000), an efficient fleet patrolled the Australasian waters, Sydney, its headquarters, being ranked as a first-class naval station.
In 1642 Abel Janszoon Tasman sailed on a voyage of discovery from Batavia, the headquarters of the governor and council of the Dutch East Indies, under whose auspices the expedition was undertaken.
The town became the headquarters of the Royal Artillery on the establishment of a separate branch of this service in the reign of George I.
BERHAMPUR, a town of British India, the headquarters of Murshidabad district, in Bengal, situated on the left bank of the river Bhagirathi, 5 m.
On the 31st of May 1647 Cromwell had ordered Cornet Joyce to prevent the king's removal by the parliament or the Scots from Holmby, and Joyce by his own authority and with the king's consent brought him to Newmarket to the headquarters of the army.
The headquarters of the constabulary are at Enniskillen.
St Albans was also the headquarters of an attempted Fenian invasion of Canada in 1870.
He went to Vienna and in 1809 was appointed imperial court secretary at the headquarters of the archduke Charles.
Singapore is the political, commercial and administrative headquarters of the colony of the Straits Settlements, and the governor for the time being is ex officio high commissioner of the Federated Malay States, British North Borneo, Sarawak, the Cocos-Keeling and Christmas Islands, and governor of Labuan.
It is the headquarters of the second army division.
From Rawalpindi, the headquarters of the Hazara district in the N.W.
Kaisarieh is the headquarters of the American mission in Cappadocia, which has several churches and schools for boys and girls and does splendid medical work.
Stuttgart is the headquarters of the XIII.
Police Headquarters was located in the center of town between the City Hall and the library, across from a well-kept park that contained the obligatory statue of a civil war hero.