Gouge Sentence Examples
- In mining, a "gouge" is the layer of soft rock or earth sometimes found in each side of a vein of coal or ore, which the miner can scoop out with his pick, and thus attack the vein more easily from the side.
- Gouge, derived from the Late Lat.
- "Gouge" is also used as the name of a bookbinder's tool, for impressing a curved line on the leather, and for the line so impressed.
- The verb "to gouge" is used in the sense of scooping or forcing out.
- GOUGE (adopted from the Fr.