- Letters found at Tell elAmarna in Egypt, written by an early ruler of Jerusalem, show that the name existed under the form Urusalim, i.e.
- C. imported pottery found in the palace of Akhenaton at Tell elAmarna, some heavy blows had fallen on the island power.
- Petrie, Syria and Egypt from the Tell elAmarna Letters (1898).
- The Tel elAmarna collection, it will be recalled, consists of the royal archives of King Amenophis IV.
- The place is mentioned several times in the Tell elAmarna correspondence.