(1) Bethnal Green - Divs.: Northeastern, South-western.
(3) Finsbury (detached portion in Middlesex, Muswell Hill) - Divs.: Holborn, Central, Eastern.
(6) Hackney - Divs.: North, Central, South.
(9) Islington - Divs.: Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western.
(lo) Kensington - Divs.: Northern, Southern; (11) City of London.
(12) Marylebone - Divs.: Eastern, Western.
(13) Paddington (extending into Middlesex) - Divs.: Northern, Southern.
(15) St Pancras - Divs.: Northern, Southern, Eastern, Western.
(16) Shoreditch - Divs.: Hoxton, Haggerston.
(2) Camberwell (extending into Kent) - Divs.: Northern, Peckham, Dulwich.
(5) Lambeth - Divs.: Northern, Kennington, Brixton, Norwood.
(7) Newington - Divs.: Western, Walworth.
(8) Southwark - Divs.: Western, Rotherhithe, Bermondsey.
The Turks were in strong force in that quarter, and, as the hours passed and the defenders (3rd and r ith Divs.) massed, the situation became such as to render any French advance out of the question; indeed, but for the fire of the warships the troops who had landed could barely have maintained themselves.
The line now held by the Italians (27th and 9th Divs.) was the last bulwark defending the plains in this sector, and both here and across the Astico the Austrians made a great effort to break through.
Behind the 46th and 19th Divs., on the mountains W.
The 8th and 9th Divs., composed almost entirely of reservists and volunteers, constituted the Epirus Army under Sapundjakis.
To clear the way for the 1st and 4th Divs., which from Tyrnavos moved directly on Elassona by the Meluna Pass.
The 6th and 7th Divs., still imperfectly organized, followed on in second line.
Sapundzakis, 8th and 9th Divs., both newly formed) a slow and difficult matter.
South-westward on Mustafa Pasha (8th and 9th Divs.) and due S.
7, the eve of the declaration of war, as follows: The main body under Crown Prince Danilo (2nd and 3rd Divs., less 9th Bde., 13,000 men and one battalion 12cm.
Army (Kutinchev) 9th Div.; one brigade each of 5th, 8th, (Vidin - Berkovitsa and 14th Divs.; 13th Div.
(The divisions 12 to 15 were new formations, much weaker than the divisions I to 9; the 10th and 11th Divs., created in Oct.
His left (loth and 3rd Divs.) retook Gevgeli, his centre (4th, 2nd, 5th) Kilkish, and his right (1st, .6th, 7th) drove back the Bulgarian left on Nigrita and also eastward on the Seres road (July 3-4).