Of the Chattahoochee and Apalachicola rivers.
Augustine, a hospital for the insane at Chattahoochee and a reform school at Marianna, all wholly supported by the state, and a Confederate soldiers' and sailors' home at Tallahassee, which is partially supported by the state.
Line was made 32° 28'), the Chattahoochee, and the Apalachicola rivers, the Gulf of Mexico, Mississippi Sound, Lakes Borgne, Pontchartrain and Maurepas, and the Mississippi river.
Part of the state, near the Chattahoochee river.
After the battles around Marietta, and the crossing of the Chattahoochee river on the 8th and 9th of July, Sherman continued his advance against Atlanta.
Thomas) on the right marching from Marietta by the fords of the Upper Chattahoochee on Atlanta, the Army of the Ohio (Gen.
On the 7th of July his fortifications on the Chattahoochee river were turned, and he fell back into the Atlanta (q.v.) position, which was carefully prepared, like all the others, beforehand.
The Chattahoochee, which forms almost half of the Georgia boundary.
Indians west of the Chattahoochee river and made a treaty with them.
The peace of Paris, in 1763, terminated the French occupation, and England came into undisputed possession of the region between the Chattahoochee and the Mississippi.
The principal rivers of the state are the Chattahoochee and the Flint, which unite in the S.
The upper Savannah river first flows S.W., then turns abruptly S.E., while the Chattahoochee river rises near this point and continues S.W.
This is because the upper Savannah 1 was formerly part of the Chattahoochee, but was captured and turned S.E.
It is served by the Apalachicola Northern railway (to Chattahoochee, Florida), and by river steamers which afford connexion with railways at Carrabelle about 25 m.
The city obtains its water-supply from the Chattahoochee river (above the mouth of Peachtree Creek), whence the water is pumped by four pumps, which have a daily capacity of 55,000,000 gallons.
Since 1904 part of the power utilized for manufacturing has been obtained from the Chattahoochee river, 15 m.
Bank and at the head of navigation of the Chattahoochee river, about ioo m.